If you missed Chef Danny this morning on Fox, here is the recipe for his Tomato Bacon Jam that we’re topping off our Creole Filet with during Houston Restaurant Weeks.
Bacon Tomato Jam
Yields: 1 Pint
4 Roma Tomatoes
4 oz Agave Syrup
2 oz Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tbl Crush Garlic
2 Tbl Bruniose Shallots
2 Tbl Cooked Crumbled Bacon
2 oz White Rum
1 Tbl Grapeseed Oil
- In a saute pan on medium-high heat, add grapeseed oil.
- Add garlic and toast being careful not to burn.
- Add shallots and saute until translucent.
- Remove the pan from flame and deglaze with rum being careful of the flame.Cook to burn off alcohol.
- Add vinegar and agave.
- Bring to a boil and add tomatoes and cook until jam consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.
Tags: Brennan's of Houston, Houston Restaurant Week, HRW, Recipe