The Second Annual Truffle Chef Charity Challenge was held this past Monday and benefitted the scholarship programs of Les Dames d’Escoffier. We didn’t come home with a win but the entry was so good, we had to share the recipe.
- 2 cups crumbled Homestyle Cornbread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 1/2 pounds goat cheese, softened
- 2 oz chopped Black truffle
- Prepare Home-style Cornbread; reserve until needed.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornbread and butter.
- Press mixture into bottom of a buttered and floured 10-inch spring-form pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, goat cheese and sour cream until soft and fluffy; scrape down sides.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition.
- Fold in salt, pepper, Truffle & lump crabmeat.
- Pour goat cheese/cream cheese mixture on top of cornbread.
- Set spring form pan on an 18-inch square of heavy-duty aluminum foil; crimp foil up sides of pan to prevent any moisture from seeping into crust. Bake in a water bath 60 minutes, or until cheesecake feels firm in the center.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled or freeze before cutting with a hot, clean serrated knife.