Cheers your guests this holiday season with Brennan’s Christmas Cordial Eggnog
4 Large egg yolks (small-medium yolks use 6)
0.5 Cup of brown sugar
2 Cups Half & Half
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Tsp Pure vanilla extract
0.5 Tsp cinnamon
Fresh grated nutmeg
1.5 oz. TX bourbon
0.25 oz. St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram (pimento dram)
- Slowly heat half & half, heavy cream, brown sugar, cinnamon & vanilla until sugar has dissolved. DO NOT BOIL.
- Beat egg yolks in separate bowl until fluffy.
- Slowly add milk mixture to eggs while constantly stirring.
- Pour egg & milk mixture back into saucepan & cook until it slightly thickens & coats the back of the spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
- Chill for several hours.
- Pour bourbon and Allspice Dram in a cocktail shaker with 6 oz. of the eggnog mixture & shake with 3-4 cubes of ice.
- Pour into coffee cup & dust with freshly grated nutmeg.