If you’re like most families, you WILL have some leftover turkey and need ideas on how to repurpose it other than the classic leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich. Here is a fan favorite and…did we mention it only takes one pot!
Texas Creole Turkey Chili Frito Pie
Yield: 1 1/2 Gallons, Serves 12
3 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
5 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
5 Bay Leaves
1 Cup Finely Diced Yellow Onion
2 Tbsp Finely Diced Jalapeno, Seeded
1 Cup Finely Diced Bell Pepper
4 Stalks Finely Diced Celery
2 to 3lb Left Over Turkey, Diced Medium
¼ Cup Creole Meat Seasoning, or to Taste
2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
¾ Tbsp. Cumin
¼ Cup Tomato Paste
2 Cups Roasted and Diced Tomato, Skinned & Seeded
2½ Cups Turkey Stock
3 Tbsp. Masa
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
½ bunch Cilantro, Chopped Fresh
2 cups Red Beans, Pre Cooked or Canned
2 Cups Sour Cream
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 Tbsp. Minced Chives
To Taste Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
12 Bags Individual Portion Fritos
- Heat Oil Over Medium Heat In A Large Sauce Pot.
- Add Garlic, Onions, Celery, Bells & Jalapenos, Cook for 2-3 Minutes Until Tender
- Increase Heat to High. Add Diced Turkey and Brown.
- Add Seasoning and Tomato Paste, Continue to Cook for 1-2 Minutes More to Caramelize.
- Add Diced Tomatoes and Stock, Bring to a Boil. Reduce to a Simmer for 1½-2 Hours.
- In A Separate Bowl Combine Masa and Worcestershire into a Paste. Whisk Into Simmering Chili to Thicken. Stir in Cilantro and Red Beans. Heat Through and Adjust Seasoning.
- Serve with Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese, Chives and Fritos